Thursday, April 19, 2012

List of funding agencies

Dear All

I would like to request your help in a task I am developing at this moment:  putting together a list of funding agencies that might help young biogeographers find PhD or Postdoc grants, but also travel or small research grants.

The idea is to put together a list of agencies from different countries that young biogeographers can use as a reference when looking for funding. For example there are countries with research agencies that fund individual PhD and Postdoc projects. There are also other agencies, and even societies, that also fund short research projects, or that cover some (or the totality) of the travel costs associated with congress/courses attendance. Mailing lists, like evoldir or eco-log, can also be good sources of information on different kinds of grants.

This is where I need your help. I would like this list to include as many countries as possible, so I would appreciate if you could send me any information you have on research agencies/mailing lists, ect from your country, or from any other country.

Feel free to email me to: ana.margarida.c.santos[at]googlemail.com

Thank you in advance

Guida

No comments: